Friday, August 20, 2010

Leap Year? Hardly...

One of the wonderful things about moving abroad is the tremendous amount of cookies cakes purchased.

It's been an interesting journey to get to where I'm at, and I'm frequently met with the cocked head and surprised stare- "You are just moving? Like that?" I wish that I had an exciting rationale or an inspirational story, but the truth is, my story is not nearly as compelling as Elizabeth Gilbert's or that cute red head from Leap Year (and yes, I saw it approximately 6 weeks ago, and it may or may not have influenced my decision). No broken heart or wine-induced epiphany- just the realization that without a job that I loved, a husband, or mortgage- I was as "free" as a bird to do and live as I please.

Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally grateful for this gift. The prospect of meeting people on exciting adventures, sampling foods and wines that don't even exist in Charlotte- is absolutely appealing to the likes of me. I've committed to make this blog minimally annoying as possible, but I cannot guarantee that you will not want to slap me when I post pictures of Giant's Causeway or the Canary Islands...

No comments:

Post a Comment